Monday 5 May 2014

Fake journalling


I mentioned a week or so ago that I'd come across the idea of fake journalling. I first found out about it on Creative Every Day through Alternate Amy. Apparently April is Fake Journalling Month, but I was a bit late to join in. However, the idea stuck with me.

So, from now on, Monday will be fake journalling blog post day for me. I thought it would be fun to explore the gospels through the eyes of a woman around at the time. Not anyone particular, just a woman caught up in everything that was happening.

So where to start? I thought the appearance of John the Baptist down at the river would be a good place. But what would that be like for a woman at the time? The thought that came to me was that the women would go down to the river to do the washing. And now here was a crowd gathering to see what John was doing. Wouldn't that be annoying, really? And so, here's my first fake journal entry.


2 comments:

  1. I love this and you're right, it probably would have been annoying at first, but perhaps exciting and exhilarating later on. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new project. I'll follow your journey through the gospels. Thinking about starting myself something similar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.