Wednesday 29 October 2014

Psalm 23 - a beginning


In preparation for a workshop at the end of November on engaging creatively with Psalm 23, I'm doing a journal dedicated solely to that psalm. I'm using some of the simple techniques I'll be teaching, and having fun at the same time.


The psalm is so familiar that I thought I should break it down into short phrases and concentrate on each of them. With that in mind, this is a 16 page journal so that I have a cover, plain inside cover, plain back, and 13 journal spreads, each about A4 in size.


Each page so far has been very simple with only a few layers and not taking very long to complete. This wasn't deliberate, just how things turned out.


Here you can see where my calligraphy practice has come in handy :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pages, I particularly love the first one with all the diamond shapes. I love psalm 23 and did a study on it about a year ago. It really blessed me. Seeing your pages makes me want to do the study again and art journal it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.