Monday 19 January 2015

5 minute pages


I've been having fun with pages done in 5 minutes. They have a completely different look to them. White space, for a start :)

The page above is what happened when a friend brought round some part-used sheets of sticky labels. I wanted to do something along the lines of a mosaic. By brayering on some acrylic inks and then cutting the labels up, I was able to do a paper mosaic that was harmonised in terms of colour without having to think too hard about the placement of each piece. After all, five minutes isn't very long.

The addition of a black line made me think about how we all stand alone and yet are all connected, too.

I think I'll be using some more labels soon...


The page above was done using a hand-cut stencil and some spray inks. Once the shapes were on the page they felt like balloons to me. I outlined each part of the fractured circle with a Copic marker and then with a black uni-ball pen. A few 'strings' and a thought and the page is done.

And here is a close-up of the labels. I like how the brayer makes the paint look almost like a glaze on ceramic tiles.


1 comment:

  1. Tracy! I love these. They are so spontaneous and energetic! Keep going...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.