Thursday 16 July 2015

Summer of Colo(u)r - week 6


Already it's the end of Summer of Colo(u)r! That colourful party that brings a little sunshine to my southern hemisphere winter. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, click on the button in the sidebar to visit Kristin's blog and see the wonderful creations with this week's colour combination in the link-up.)

Well, we had another opposites palette this week - 2 oranges and a blue. I went really simple - mango acrylic paint, a mid-blue water soluble oil pastel, and some darker orange spotty paper.

I smeared on some mango paint with a plastic card, then cut some rough circles from the paper and arranged them up one side of the page. Once the paint was dry - to avoid making mud from the opposite colours - I outlined the circles in blue. Then I left it for a while, not sure where I wanted to go next.

Then I glanced across the room at the page, and it just said 'wheat' to me. So I added the blue lines and thought about harvest. In every season there is something to harvest, and in every situation there is something for me to learn.

I just have to look for it.


14 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the colors...And I like to decorate my home with the seasons...So I'm looking forward to Fall and Harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful SOC piece, great idea. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wheat!!! I love how you saw wheat harvest here - your use of this week's SOC colors is amazing!!! I have enjoyed following you through these past weeks of the SOC and want to thank you for sharing your talents with us! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how came up with the idea for this, great use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. Your work is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a creative way to make the wheat using this week's colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspired and spontaneous work! I enjoyed seeing this!
    :)
    SOC5 really rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun project Tracy! I love hearing how you came to the conclusion :) Hope to see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely page, Tracy. Love the wheat. So true too and looking is the secret to learning, I reckon. Hasn't it been a fun series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great composition and use of the SOC colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the background and those stacked circles are so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.