Wednesday 25 November 2015

Advent quilling


Over the last five or six weeks I have been working on some artwork for the season of Advent. During Advent - the season of waiting - many churches light candles in an Advent wreath each week up to Christmas and look at some of the people involved in the Christmas story.


This year we will be looking at Elizabeth, John the Baptist, Mary, and Joseph. In keeping with that, I have quilled representations of those people to go in the panels of the communion table, along with a depiction of the Light of the World for Christmas Day.


Although time-consuming, I found the rolling of the strips of paper to be quite contemplative. I may do some more in the future. And if you want to see some expert quilling, go and look at this. Amazing.


I'm linking up with Carolyn Dube's Play Date. Hop on over to see all the play that's happening.





3 comments:

  1. Amazing and so much work, marvelous. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow awesome sauce - very intricate - you have a lot more patience than me lol. Thanks for dropping by at Just Tickety-Boo! Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilling is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with Let's Play!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.