Friday 20 January 2017

Bridge or sky?


I was happily playing away with this page with no aim in mind and when I stood back I could see a bridge across a deep chasm.

Not only did I have a bridge, but there were also birds in there.

Hmm. What was this page saying?

'Are you going to use the bridge, or are you going to fly?' it seemed to be asking me.

What's the difference? I thought.

Well, a bridge is already set out. It goes from one point to another with no deviation, unless you want to fall. The destination is already set and so is the journey to it.

If you fly, you may choose a way across the chasm. You're not tied down to a particular beginning, ending, or path. And if your wings get tired, you can always take a rest on the bridge.

I think I'm going to choose to fly.


Sharing with all the lovely folks at Paint Party Friday.



11 comments:

  1. Delightful Tracy - a sweet combination of images and happy colours. Happy PPF :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the patterning in this one, Tracy. It's right up my alley today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy! I love what you did with this painting. I too choose to fly too! Great post and Happy PPF! I hope you have a GREAT upcomong week too! Hugs, Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovey journal page. Flying is perhaps quicker, but I think I would cross the bridge! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page!!! Love the play of colours...the dark ones and the blue oozing down...and lovely thought as well. I somehow was reminded of my own post as somewhere something echoes it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this piece of art. The way you came to painting it and the story behind it. You made my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a gorgeous painting and book cover-love all the symbolism and colors! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice journal page. I love the intuitive part of it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE seeing this journal page and especially reading the thoughts behind it. I love these sort of magical, intuitive things that happen with art journaling. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is this... I saw a bridge, building, birds and a cliff too!! I was thinking the bridge is safe, the cliff not so much! No matter what it all seems to be in an upward direction so you must be taking the right path!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.