Tuesday 23 May 2017

Feet on the ground, eyes on the sky


Stay grounded, but don't forget to look at the sky.

This page was inspired by a photo I took of a piece of pavement where several different patterns of tessellating bricks came together. (You can see the photo on my instagram account.) It made me think about staying grounded. We need to keep our feet on the floor, but there's no reason we can't also look at the sky.

We need to be practical, but we also need to dream.

Without dreams we won't make progress. If you don't have the desire to improve, you'll never get down to doing the things that will hone your skill set. If you can't imagine the world being different, you'll never work out how to change it; you'll never take a risk.

So, feet on the ground, looking at the sky.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful detailed artwork and sage words!!I like the mix of being grounded yet a bit dreamy too! My scrabble mind loves the word tessellating too!! Great post!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me instantly at the patterns...what a fabulous piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.