Friday 6 October 2017

Beautiful things in humble places


Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.
Camille Pissarro.

I finished the right hand side of this spread first, and that's the side with the quote, but when I finished the other page:


I realised it didn't need any words as it embodied the quote for me.

Let me explain.

This second page made me think of a beach (even though it has a flower on it!) Have you ever looked at sand under a microscope? It is a wonder, a thing of beauty. En masse it just looks like a lot of brown granules, but magnified, it is a heap of glittering jewels. Each grain looks like a precious gem, and there are many colours and shapes.

And flowers - have you ever looked closely? All those different shapes and colours and scents. Beautiful!

And don't get me started on beetles 😊 (For more on insects, see this Ted Talk and go to http://microsculpture.net) As a family we often stop when we're out walking to look at a caterpillar that is wandering across our path, or some particularly beautiful bark that we just have to touch.

The world is full of wondrous, beautiful things. What are you going to stop and look at today and be blessed by?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.